As you may know I was awarded the great Liebster Award by CaveGirlMBA. After wallowing in joy and pride for a week, I realized I need to adhere to the rules and bestow the same honor to 10 fellow nominees. Am very pleased to announce my list of fellow bloggers who have been nominated for the Liebster Award below. ( Yes quite a few of them happen to be women and quite a few of those women will be on their way to or beyond business school. )
TEA BUDDY – I chanced upon Shona Patel’s blog while browsing and looking up some trivia on tea. Shona is a woman of many talents. She is a graphic designer, chef and a writer! And her blog reflects her interests and more. Shona’s book “Teatime for the Firefly” is about love and life in the tea-gardens of north-eastern India. Interested readers may know that the book will release soon on 24 September 2013.
MBAGIRLJOURNEY – This is about a girl’s journey to the top ranked BSchools and MBAGirl details the journey, the nitty gritties very well. Love her focus, attention to detail and the desire to share. Oh yes the last one is a great quality.
THE WRITER’S NEST – Akshita’s blog is full of her musings on life colored by her free spirit. We share a common love for writing and books. Oh and she has an amazing list of books that she has completed.
PANCAKES AND PARACHUTES – It’s hard not to be tempted by that picture of syrup gliding down the top of a pancake with fruit garnishing. Want to know more about life and musings post MBA. Well this is the blog you need to look at!
DOMOTRON – UK applicant for BSchool Class of 2016. Some people love to prepare early and laser focus along with good old humor help to make the journey interesting; not to mention those funny gifs.
BACKINTHEBAY2015 – Interested in specific Business schools like Stanford GSB? You could get a world of information and insights from Backinthebay2015 who will join GSB in 2015 after a stint in international non-profit and also try to figure out life. Awesome on both points really.
THE MANTIS SHRIMP – Brad Hock blogs about his views on leadership, success and being efficient; resulting in rather interesting conversations. I am still a bit confused about the name though.
NORTHWEST PHOTOS – One of my favorite photo blogs from Peggy Thompson. You can buy her amazing pictures at her online store at Zazzle. Peggy has also co-authored a book named ” Portrait of the Living Tao” with Stephen Kaufman.
MBA MY BREAKAWAY? – It’s hard to find people interested in non-profit as their MBA specialization and “Sassafras” also blogs for the same reason along with his interest in writing. I am very interested to follow this journey. Now only if this was a WordPress blog it would have been super easy ( and lazy ).
FROM GMAT TO MBA – Love the passion and determination of this blogger which has also yielded amazing results for him. People who are interested in cracking the GMAT should definitely get a tip or more from here.
Congratulations to all nominees above! And now you have some Q & A for you. Can’t wait to know your answers.
Questions for all the nominees
1. If you weren’t blogging, what channel of communication would you use ?
2. Why WordPress and not Blogger? If you are on Blogger, why Blogger and not WordPress?
3. What is your dream job ? ( Only one please )
4. Would you actively sell your stuff to people or wait for people to come to you to buy ?
5. There is a total power cut in the whole world for the next 3 days . How do you spend it ?
6. Do you read the newspaper in the morning or an e-paper? Or have you stopped reading either because you would always get notifications or emails
7. You’re interviewing Angela Merkel and you are allowed only 1 question. What would that be?
8. Your favorite TV series and why?
9. Preferred source of sugar ( Chocolate or.. )
10. One sentence/phrase that defines you ( your goals, desires, life, etc.)